A highly vapor permeable roofing underlayment Air Barrier (AB) material
- Used on Steep Slope Roofs Of 2:12, (9.46 Degrees) or Greater Pitch
- Promotes Long Term Drying of Roofing Assembly Through Vapor Diffusion
- Breathable and Airtight, with Exceptional Water and Air Holdout
- Primerless Installation
- High Drying Capacity (Vapor Permeability, 30 Perms)
- Long exposure times, 6 months (180 days) UV and Climate Exposure Prior to Roof System Installation
- Tough, Durable, and Slip Resistant—With Excellent Traction for Installers
- Factory Made Rolled Good with Consistent Millage Thickness
- Suitable for All Climates and Geographic Locations, Including Extreme Temperature Areas
- 20 Year Material Warranty
|Roofing System Compatibility|
SlopeShield Plus Self-Adhered roofing underlayment can be installed under a variety of roofing systems including:
Standing Seam Metal Roof
Cedar Shingles/Shakes with VaproMat Drainage Matrix
Slate/Clay Tile with Batten/Counter-Batten Substructure
|Engineered with Vapor Permeable Polymer Composite Technology (VPPCT™)|
SlopeShield Plus SA is engineered with VaproShield’s patent-pending Vapor Permeable Polymer Composite Technology (VPPCT™).
VPPCT™ is an advanced combination of polymer coatings and adhesive technology developed by VaproShield Research and Development creating a new class of roofing underlayment capable of being watertight, vapor permeable, foot traffic friendly and extremely durable.
SlopeShield Plus Self-Adhered’s high drying capacity and black coloration (which absorbs heat from the sun when exposed during construction), accelerates the drying process of the underlying materials.
This combination helps to mitigate construction moisture which would otherwise be trapped by a non-permeable roofing underlayment.
|Complete Roof and Wall Water Resistant, Vapor-Permeable Air Barrier System|
Use SlopeFlashing™ -- pre-cut for easy installation handling--for eaves, hips, ridges, and valleys.
Drainage Matrix for Cedar Shingles/Shakes
Cedar Shingles/Shakes require a ventilated unimpeded vertical drainage cavity to be incorporated into the roofing underlayment installation. VaproMat accomplishes this and is available as a corresponding accessory.
Building Envelope System
Self-Adhered WRB/Air Barrier Wall Membrane options: WrapShield SA Self-Adhered or RevealShield SA Self-Adhered for open joint cladding.
|Compatible Roof Deck Substrates|
|*For OSB and OSB factory-coated products contact VaproShield Technical.|