- SlopeShield Plus SA can be installed on:
- Steep slope roofs of 2:12 (9.46 degrees) or greater
- Low slope roofs below 2:12
- Lightweight concrete decks new and re-roof
- Structural concrete roof decks new and re-roof
- Mass timber roof deck/floor deck as the structure is erected
- Self-drying technology facilitates damp substrate (insulation, concrete, wood etc) drying, allowing for component reuse in reroof applications
- Fully self-adhered, aggressive, patented, pressure sensitive adhesive is protected by a siliconized release film, which is removed during installation
- Exceptional air barrier and vapor retarder, curbs air leakage and manages moisture within the building envelope
- Transitions to an air barrier and vapor retarder within the finished roof assembly, greatly reducing condensation
- Code compliant, engineered to meet/exceed standards set forth in IECC and IBC.
- 6 months UV and climate exposure prior to roof system installation
- Tough, durable, and Slip Resistant - With Excellent Traction for Installers
- Primerless application
- Suitable for All Climates and Geographic Locations, Including Extreme Temperature Areas
- 20 Year Material Warranty
Self-Drying Technology Re-Roof Projects
|The Newark Airport terminal needed a reroof, but also to keep the terminal functional. Over 375,000 sq.ft of SlopeShield Plus SA met the challenge. View the project details.
|The overburdened vegetative green roof was leaking into residences. Installing SlopeShield Plus SA allowed residents to remain in the condos during reroof. View the comprehensive case study.
New and Re-Roof Detail Examples
Typical Roof Cross-Section: Apply SlopeShield SA Plus to top of thermal board.
Lightweight Concrete Deck: Apply SlopeShield Plus SA directly to lightweight insulating concrete.
Structural Concrete Deck: SlopeShield Plus SA can be applied over green concrete or over a damp existing concrete roof deck provided the surface complies with a bull float finish or better.
Reroof: Installing SlopeShield Plus SA on new thermal board applied over existing insulation allows for the drying and reuse of existing insulation.
Steep Slope Roofing Applications
SlopeShield Plus Self-Adhered is designed to protect mass timber floors and decks and remains permanently installed. It protects mass timber from bulk water intrusion and concurrently dries mass timber through moisture vapor diffusion.
Durable to foot traffic and heavy equipment, SlopeShield Plus SA can withstand 6 months UV and climate exposure.
SlopeShield Plus SA even handles ponding water which can be easily swept away.
|Learn More About Mass Timber Moisture Protection Strategies
- Metal Roofing
- Cedar Shingles/Shakes with VaproMat™
- Slate and Tile
- Metal - Class A roof assembly with 1/4" thermal board
- Tile - Class A no thermal board
Approvals and Certificates
Roofing Underlayment DIV 7 Specs
Water Barrier Protection for Mass Timber DIV 6 Specs
Moisture Protection for Mass Timber DIV 1 Specs