A mechanically attached, water resistive vapor permeable air barrier membrane with integrated tape at the horizontal seams
- Integrated Tape at Horizontal Seams
- Installs easily in any weather: wet, dry, or freezing temperatures
- Secondary Rain Barrier
- Zero VOC's, (no off-gassing)
- Low Temperature Applications
- Fire Rated, Class A to ASTM E 84
- 6 months (180 days) UV and climate exposure prior to cladding installation
- High Temperature Resistance
- Tough, Durable, Tear Resistant
- Contributes to LEED points
Sealing horizontal seams with our integrated tape limits tape failures, reduces cost of tape and minimizes labor for installation. Horizontal seams stay dry as the upper layer of membrane is designed to attach to the lower membrane, creating the desired shingle effect. Cold and wet weather do not negatively impact the installation.
With its high permeability rating of 50, wet sheathing dries quickly and moisture vapor can escape, ensuring good indoor air quality while reducing incidence of mold, mildew, wood rot, lumber distortion and metal corrosion.
Horizontal Integrated Tape and Cost Effectiveness
- Reduce installation time and material expenses with our integrated tape at the horizontal seams.
- Increase accuracy of required 6" shingled overlap, ensuring air and water tight joinery, by lining upper membrane to lower membrane with pre-marked lap template.
Installs quickly and easily, mechanically attaching with VaproCaps to plywood, OSB and gypsum sheathing
- Tear, rip and puncture resistant during and after construction, reducing repairs and labor costs.
Sustain 6 months of UV and climate exposure.
- Contributes to LEED points in Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy & Atmosphere.
- Is 100% recyclable.
For a complete set of installation instructions Click Here.
Rough Opening Flashing
Fast and efficient rough opening flashing uses VaproShield accessories specifically designed and tested to work together, making field training and installation easy.