VaproMat is designed to be installed over VaproShield membranes as a system to provide a positive drainage cavity behind claddings.
AIR BARRIER INSTALLATION
Air barrier installation requires all seams, joints, overlaps and penetrations WRB/AB membrane to be sealed for complete air barrier continuity.
BEST PRACTICES OVERVIEW
- Always install VaproMat, filter fabric side out, vertically with seams butted together, overlapping the 2” filter fabric selvage edge. Do not overlap the drainage matrix.
- Refer to membrane specific installation instructions for proper membrane installation.
- Building layout should be planned prior to installation to minimize waste and ensure all interfaces and penetrations are identified and correctly detailed to protect against water and air infiltration.
- Proper sequencing is critical. Protect rough openings and large penetrations with specified rough opening material.
- Maximum exposure prior to cladding installation is 6 months (180 days).
- Install lath and weep screeds “proud” or over the VaproMat material.