Vapro-SS Flashing has been designed with a flexible 2 mil (0.05 mm) sheet of type 304 stainless steel, 8 mils (0.20 mm) of butyl adhesive and a siliconized release liner. Vapro-SS Flashing is a self-adhering metal flashing that offers best in class puncture and tear resistance.
It is a multi-purpose self-adhered flashing that can perform in various applications, see below examples:
- Through-Wall Flashing for Masonry and Stone structural components
- Transition Membrane (air barriers, WRB, roofing membranes, plaza and below grade waterproofing)
- Curtain Wall Perimeter Flashing
- Window and Door Pan Fabrication
- Jamb Closure Flashing
- Roof to Parapet Transition Flashing
- Flexible self-adhered flashing with a removable release liner that can be installed in temperatures ranging from 20 ˚F (-6 °C) to 170 ˚F (77 °C)
- Stays stable and air tight from -70 ˚F (-57 °C) to 200 ˚F (93 °C)
- Easily adheres to the majority of air barriers, WRB’s, sealants, insulations, below grade waterproofing and roofing membranes, which makes it an excellent transition flashing that is easy to install
- Provides a watertight bond, is mold resistant, fire resistant, and puncture resistant
- Available in 4, 6, 12, or 18 inches x 50 ft. (10, 15, 30 or 45 cm x 15.24 m).
- All VaproShield Materials
- Spray Polyurethane Foam
- Exterior Rigid Insulation
- Exterior Gypsum
Storage and Handling
Store material in original packaging. Protect rolls from direct sunlight and inclement weather. Storage conditions:
- 0 ˚F (-18 ˚C) to 100 ˚F (38 ˚C)
- Cover within a few days of installation to protect it from damage from different trades, the environment and falling debris.
- If flashing is left unprotected and it is punctured or torn, contact VaproShield for replacement recommendations, 1-866-731-7663, ext. 5.
- Avoid placing the adhesive with other materials that have high plasticizer contents.
BEST PRACTICE INSTALLATION SEQUENCE
1. Install WrapFlashing SA Self-Adhered into sill with 2.75” folded into Rough Opening (R.O.) 9” left on face, with bottom 6” of release film to remain attached.
|2. Install jamb pieces with 2.75” folded into R.O. 9” to be left on face.|
|3. Install head piece with 2.75” folded into R.O. 9” to be left on face. Roll all WrapFlashing SA (orange) sections with weighted roller to ensure full contact.||
4. Install Vapro-SS Flashing at sill in shingle fashion with 3” up-turned legs at sill and head + 1” on face; jambs are 1” onto the face. See Cut Patterns Detail
*To maintain continuity of air barrier system, while allowing for proper drainage at sill, a continuous interior window perimeter sealant joint with backer rod is required.
**To determine width dimension of Vapro-SS Flashing required; Measure the depth that the window projects into the rough opening from the exterior face of the wall and add ½”.
|5. Install Vapro-SS Flashing at jambs in shingle fashion with 3” up-turned legs at sill and head + 1” on face; jambs are 1” onto the face.||
6. Install Vapro-SS Flashing on head in shingle fashion with 3” up-turned legs at sill and head + 1” on face;
7. Install field membrane underneath 6” flap of sill flashing to create shingle effect, remove release film, adhere to membrane, roll to ensure adhesion at seams (overlaps).
8. Install field membrane vertically to sheathing, maintaining 3” minimum overlap with R.O. flashing, roll to
9. Install WrapShield SA field membrane over metal head flashing, maintaining 3” minimum overlap to adjacent field membrane. roll to ensure adhesion at seams (overlaps).
*Roll all WrapFlashing SA (orange) sections with weighted roller to ensure full contact.
Rough Opening Cut Patterns
|Click here for Vapro-SS Flashing Thru-Wall Application with VaproTermination Bar Detail||Click here for Vapro-SS Flashing Thru-Wall Application with Integrated Field Membrane Detail||Click here for Low Roof to Wall Detail|