Over 400,000 sq. ft. of WRAPSHIELD® Water Resistive Vapor Permeable Air Barrier was installed on the seven-story, concrete and wood-frame Mercer Court Apartments at University of Washington in Seattle, Washington. It took over eight months to install all of the WRAPSHIELD® in soggy, sunny, windy climate conditions.
The five building apartment complex, which is part of student housing on campus, will open in fall 2013 featuring an urban farm, six-bedroom apartment suites and interactive public spaces.
WRAPSHIELD® was chosen because it offers:
- Integrated Tape at Horizontal Seams
- Secondary Rain Barrier
- Zero VOC's, (no off-gassing)
- Low Temperature Applications
- Fire Rated, Class A to ASTM E 84
- 6 Months UV & Climate Exposure
- Install in all weather conditions
- Tough, Durable, Tear Resistant
- Contributes to LEED points