Over 400,000 sq. ft of WRAPSHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED Water-Resistive Vapor Permeable Air Barrier Sheet was used on the construction of the new $415 million Music City Center. Total land area is 16 acres and total square footage of building and parking is 2.1 million sq.ft.
The Music City Center is working to achieve LEED Silver status with a prominent feature being the green roof designed to mimic the rolling hills of Tennessee.
WHY WRAPSHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED?
- Energy Saving: WRAPSHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED far exceeds the acceptable standard of the rigorous ASTM 2357 test, ensuring life-long energy savings.
- Healthy Building: no primer, Zero VOC's, created a life-long healthy building.
- Phase Construction Friendly: all weather installation, 6 Months UV and climate exposure meant no delays, no special equipment, easily fit into the 3 year construction schedule.
- All Weather Construction: WRAPSHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED's innovative adhesive, easily withstood the Nashville humidity ranging from 39-92% and temperature variations 29°-89°F over 12 months.
- Multiple Substrate Compatibility: one product was installed over gypsum and insulation.
Battens created a rain screen design.