WRAPSHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED is a water resistive highly vapor permeable Water Resistive Barrier (WRB) and Air Barrier (AB) sheet membrane.
Superior Building Envelope Protection
- Resists bulk water infiltration
- Allows building materials to dry out
- High drying capacity (permeability) reduces risk of damage from moisture infiltration, mold, mildew and rot
- No primer required, avoids costly delays due to primer application restrictions
- Apply to a clean and dry to the touch substrate, no additional substrate preparation is required
- Reduces contractor liability by using fully tested VaproShield system: single source membranes, flashings and sealants
- VaproShield flashing accessories eliminate the need for untested, third-party components
- Long-term durability with standard 20 year material warranty
- Manufactured rolled goods ensure consistent properties and performance
- Optimal substrate coverage using 95% net of sheet good
Phase Construction Friendly
- Applicable for all climates and weather conditions
- Installs in temperatures as low as 20°F (-6° C)
- Non-directional horizontal or vertical application
- No special installation equipment required
- Sustains six (6) months, 180 days UV and climate exposure prior to cladding installation
- The substrate condition is crucial to the adhesion performance of any adhesive membrane.
- Substrates must be clean and free of any contaminants.
- Substrate surface must be dry to the touch with the ambient temperature above 20°F.
- WrapShield SA Self-Adhered can be applied to a wide variety of sheathing substrates:
GlasRoc • DensGlass Gold • Most rigid insulation • Pre-painted steel • Precast concrete • Concrete block • Plywood • Aluminum (painted or mill finish) • Cast-in-place concrete • Galvanized metal • Rigid vinyl • Steel • Anodized Aluminum
- OSB is not an approved substrate for WrapShield SA Self-Adhered, use WrapShield IT Integrated Tape. If you have questions regarding substrates contact us.
- PRIMER IS NOT REQUIRED.
- Easily create a continuous air barrier system and transitions when used with VaproShield accessories
- Reduces energy consumption for the life of the building when used with VaproShield Air Barrier Systems approach
- WrapShield SA Self-Adhered System was awarded the Declare label
- Emits zero VOC's, no exposure to harmful chemicals during installation
- Contributes to LEED points
- Helps to maintain a healthy building and supports energy efficiency