RevealShield IT Integrated Tape: black, UV stable, mechanically attached WRB and air barrier.
Open Joint Applications
- Install a single layer of REVEALSHIELD™IT Water Resistive Vapor Permeable Air Barrier Membrane to create the desired black open joint.
- Enhanced design opportunities with open joints up to 2" wide with a maximum of 40% total open wall area.
- Single layer material application and integrated tape at horizontal seams reduces installation time and material expense.
- Tear, rip and puncture resistant during and after construction, reducing the need for repairs and additional labor costs.
Air Barrier System
- Meets all relevant international and local code requirements pertaining to Air Barrier Membranes.
- Creating an air barrier behind open joint cladding is greatly simplified by REVEALSHIELD™IT's Integrated Tape at horizontal seams.
- Allows building materials to dry out while keeping bulk water from infiltrating the building envelope.
- Helps to maintain conditions to counteract mold and mildew growth, promoting healthy buildings and clean indoor air quality.
Durability and Performance
- Withstands extreme weather conditions. The Integrated Tape allows installation in a wide range of weather conditions from below freezing to extremely hot temperatures.
- Sustains 180 days UV and climate exposure, prior to cladding installation.
Environmental Sustainability and Energy Efficiency
- Contributes to LEED points in Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy & Atmosphere.
- Combined with an overall energy efficiency strategy, VaproShield's Air Barrier Systems can help to reduce energy consumption.
For a complete set of installation instructions Click Here.