RevealShield SA Self-Adhered is a black UV stable, highly vapor permeable Water Resistive Barrier (WRB) Air Barrier (AB) sheet membrane for open joint rain screen cladding systems.
Open Joint Application
- Installs as a single layer WRB / AB black membrane system
- Use with up to 2" wide open joint rain screen cladding
- Extremely UV stable membrane with 20 year warranty
- Uniquely suited for non-open joint cladding requiring advanced UV protection such as; perforated panels, reclaimed wood and special facades.
Building Envelope Protection
- Resists bulk water infltration
- Allows building materials to dry out
- High drying capacity reduces the risk of damage from moisture inﬁltration, mold, mildew and rot
- Reduces contractor liability by using fully tested VaproShield system: single source membranes, ﬂashings and sealants
- Installs in temperatures as low as 20°F (-6°C)
- No costly delays due to primers
Phase Construction Friendly
- Applicable for all climates
- Non-directional horizontal or vertical installation
- No special installation equipment required
- Sustains 12 months (maximum) UV & Climate exposure prior to cladding installation.
- Best practice recommendation is to cover RevealShield SA Self-Adhered with permanent cladding as soon as practical.
- The substrate condition is crucial to the adhesion performance of any adhesive membrane.
- Substrates must be clean and free of any contaminants.
- Substrate surface must be dry to the touch with the ambient temperature above 20°F.
- RevealShield SA Self-Adhered can be applied to a wide variety of sheathing substrates:
GlasRoc • DensGlass Gold • Most rigid insulation • Pre-painted steel • Precast concrete • Concrete block • Plywood • Aluminum (painted or mill finish) • Cast-in-place concrete • Galvanized metal • Rigid vinyl • Steel • Anodized Aluminum
- OSB is not an approved substrate for RevealShield SA Self-Adhered, use RevealShield IT Integrated Tape. If you have questions regarding substrates contact us.
- PRIMER IS NOT REQUIRED.
- Easily creates a continuous air barrier system and transitions when used with VaproShield accessories
- Reduces energy consumption when used with VaproShield's Air Barrier Systems approach
- Emits Zero VOC's; eliminating exposure to harmful and volatile chemicals
- Contributes to LEED points in Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy & Atmosphere