VaproMat is installed over WrapShield SA Self-Adhered WRB/Air Barrier sheet membrane providing a cost effective, positive drainage cavity behind cementitious claddings that traditionally have not incorporated a rain screen cavity.
- Easily integrate a cost effective rain screen cavity with traditional cladding choices such as: metal panels, composite panels, wood siding, stucco, stone
- Constructed with a hydrophobic filter fabric back and polypropylene drainage matrix
- Lightweight filter fabric is designed to keep the drainage cavity clean and unobstructed during the lath and plaster or adhesive mortar installation
- Promotes rapid drying of building envelope and cementitious materials
- 3mm recommended for use in arid climates requiring minimum drainage and where cavity depth is restricted due to design constraints
- 7mm recommended for mixed climates and high humidity to maximize drainage and drying from liquid water and reverse vapor drive
Install VaproMat during the lathing process. The filter fabric is designed to keep the drainage cavity clean and unobstructed during lath process. Use lathing fasteners to hold VaproMat. All lathing components must be installed proud of the VaproMat material.
VaproMat’s unique filter fabric keeps drainage cavity clean during plaster or adhesive mortar installation. VaproMat promotes rapid drying along with stability to the polypropylene matrix.