VaproBond™ is a single component 100% silicone adhesive sealant used to bind layers of VaproShield membranes to each other or typical construction material surfaces. It simplifies the process of producing watertight, airtight details.
- Seals overlaps and penetrations
- Creates durable, structural, air and moisture tight seal
- Bonds to all VaproShield membranes
- Flexible in extreme temperatures
- No primer, easy to gun and apply, offering excellent weatherability
- Binds layers of VaproShield membranes to each other and common building materials creating a watertight, airtight seal
- Simplifies process of producing watertight, airtight details
- Remains flexible and pliable in extreme temperatures
- Service temperature range: -50° to 300° F (-45° to 149° C)
- UV stable, black silicone-based adhesive sealant
- Meets or exceeds ASTM-C- 920 type S, Grade NS, Class 25
Apply VaproBond at a minimum 3/8 “ bond line to the reverse lapped membrane. Use a DRY joint knife, trowel, or spatula to tool sealant.
A. Fully embed head flashing (by others) in VaproBond over Vapro-SS Flashing™.
B. Seal rough opening corners with a bead of VaproBond.