Printer Friendly (PDF)
SLOPESHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED combines the best properties of a water resistant, vapor permeable membrane and a self-adhering roofing underlayment in one innovative, affordable product. Suitable for all construction types: commercial, institutional, medical and multi-family residential.
SLOPESHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED fully bonds to most common roofing substrates providing a water shedding, easy to install, permeable roof underlayment without the use of a primer.
SLOPESHIELD SA® SELF-ADHERED fully bonded membrane system provides a continuous air barrier, enhancing thermal performance by controlling air leakage through seams, joints and roof system penetrations.
- High vapor permeability and exceptional liquid water holdout capacity helps prevent damage from moisture.
- Moisture vapor is allowed to escape ensuring good indoor air quality, reducing incidence of condensation, mold, mildew, wood rot, lumber distortion and metal corrosion.
Construction & Installation
- No Primer Required.
- Application over 20F (-6C) degrees and rising ensures a wide service temperature
range, easily installed in all climates.
- Tough facer laminate resists punctures and tears.
- Textured surface helps reduce slip risks.
- Lightweight rolls install quickly and easily: 59” (1.5 m) x 164’ (50 m)
- Self-adhering membrane application reduces time and labor.
Durability & Cost Effectiveness
- High tear, rip and puncture resistance during and after construction reducing repairs and labor costs.
- UV stable for up to four months of exposure.
- Installs easily and quickly, self-adhering directly to plywood and various roofing substrates decreasing installation time.
- Contributes to LEED points in Indoor Environmental Quality and Energy & Atmosphere.
- Compatible with metal roofing, copper, zinc, clay tile, slate, wood shakes and wood shingle.
- Compatible with typical roofing substrates: DensGlass®, plywood, rigid insulation and concrete.
- Standard 20 year material warranty